- Asteria Atlas
- Famed Atlas of the Moirai said to be a complete geographic
representation of the fallen times compared to the times
before the Great Crash. Believed lost in the Middling Age.
- The leader of Moirai. Elected by the Lachesis Congress.
Usually a Lachesis of the Congress. Addressd as Atropos.
- "Born Of". Added to the end of a surname to designate
the creche born. (ex. Techlebon, Nauplibon, Astebon)
- Coeus River
- River in Asteria that begins in the Etna Mountains in
Eurydice and empties into Lake Acis in Asteria. The only
way to travel through the Asterian Darklands.
- Cloister, The
- Seat of Moirai power in the Middling age. Located inside
Techlean Corporate next to the division city of Nexus Port.
- A minor leadership role within the Moirai. Beneath Lachesis
but above Initiate. Usually in charge of novice training.
Addressed as M'rai Clothos.
- A genetic engineering center that engineered humans according
to the needs of the nation. Children born of a creche were
either raised to maturity by the creche or sent, given,
or sold for training. Though still in existence today, the
creche is no longer allowed the genetic enhancement freedom
it once had following the reforms of the High Age.
- Enhancement Treaty
- Agreement reached betwen the Five Nations regarding standards
of Creche practices.
- A theocratic
Nation. In the Middling Age, one of the Five Nations of
the known world.
- Fallen Age
- The Age immediately following the Great Crash. It is widely
believed that during this time that nearly all information
of the times before the Great Crash were lost. It is also
the time in which the Moirai and many of the nations still
in existence today were formed.
- Genetic Enhancement
- Genetic enhancements preformed by creches ranged from
Enhancement of intellegence and memory to Enhancement of
physical attributes. Enhancement was oulawed to a great
extent in the High Age due to fears of the increased political
powers of the creches.
- Genetic Designation
- An alpha-numeric code that is easily readable to determine
specific genetic enhancements.
- High Age
- An age of reform and advancement of technology and art.
- Unlike the voluntary indenture practices of today, indenture
was an involuntary servitude only sometimes used as the
cost of training. In the Moirai, any indenture was expunged
upon completion of training and the taking of Moirai oaths
- Great Crash
- A great socioeconomic upheaval that led to the Fallen
Age and a total restructuring of society. Nearly all information
of the Great Crash and the times before it have been lost.
- A member of the ruling body of the Moirai. Usually titled
- Lachesis Congress
- The ruling body of the Moirai. Headed by the Atropos.
- Lyktos Shrine
- One of the great remnants of Moirai society. Located in
the Eurydan Mountains the shrine consists of a vast network
of natural and man made underground caverns.
- Middling Age
- An age of exploration. The golden times of the Moirai.
- Natural Selection
- Term that refers to one who has not been genetically enhanced
in any way. The genetic designation for such a person would
be NS0 000 0000 0 (Natural Selection zero
- A nation on the Tethys Sea made up mainly of seaports
and rocky terrain. It exists today as the Nauplius Trade
with borders that have been extended to the Eurydan Mountains
- Prefix added to the surname of one who is without
family or clan.
The Main Trading center in the Techlean Corporate Nation
during the Middling Age.
- The cornerstone
of Eurydice State Religion. The journey one takes in life
that leads to rewards in the next world.
- Techlean Corporate capital.
- Techlean Corporate
- The Techlean Corporate Nation has changed little from
the Great Crash to today. It was one of the first Nations
to arise out of the chaos of the Great Crash and remains
the center of technology of all the Nations.
- An amulet worn by Eurydice Highland Clans and used when
giving oaths or swearing allegance. Breaking an oath sworn
on a truthstone results in banishment from the clan. The
Truthstone amulet is made of three stones that represent
a designchick production
©2000 Julie R. Cousins All Rights Reserved